Date: Wed 11 May, 2022
Doors Open 19:00
This event is now SOLD OUT! Sorry! Still looking for something to make you laugh? Try Mervyn Stutter
A first for Burbage Festival!
Following sell-out runs at the Edinburgh Fringe as well as extensive touring in the UK and beyond, award winning comedian George Egg presents his unique and utterly absurd comedy show, "George Egg - DIY CHEF", demonstrating ingenious live cooking and laugh-out-loud stand-up comedy.
George's doctor has demanded he must rethink his diet so his family have banned him from using the kitchen. They've sent him to the shed. But George simply has to keep cooking and this unstoppable urge leads to inventive creations, innovative solutions and some seriously tasty food.
Funny, inspiring and absurd in equal measure, it's a cross-genre show as much as a stand-up comedy set as an illustrated lecture. Expect power tools, gardening equipment and office supplies to be re-purposed and abused. Expect laughs. Expect to learn something new. And expect to taste the food at the end (at your own risk, of course!)
- "A culinary Bill Bailey, with chopping boards instead of keyboards. It is a multi-sensory delight to spend an hour with him" The Scotsman
- "There is a mischeviousness about Egg's humour that is deeply loveable" Grace Dent in The Guardian
- "Egg flawlessly blends jokes, cooking tips, obscure facts, and some tongue in cheek poems" Edinburgh Festivals Magazine
- "George Egg serves up one of the freshest experiences on the Fringe" The List
- "This is a triumph of out-of-the-box thinking — and tastes lovely too" Metro
This event is not suitable for children of 14 or under. Any children aged 14+ must be accompanied by an adult.
This event is now SOLD OUT - Sorry!
Tickets: £12. Select the number of e-tickets from the option below and then click "Add to Cart" to have them added to your basket. Follow the link "Your Basket - View Cart" in the top right corner of the screen when you have finished selecting all of your events. Please print out the email (or bring a copy on your smart phone)- this is your e-ticket! Tickets are not allocated to seats - first come, first sat.