Burbage Festival - Covid-19 (17 March 2020)
Six months ago, as we started to lay the foundations to BCAF2020, Covid-19 wasn’t even a thing. Five months later, with our plans pretty much complete, it was on our minds, but never the thought it would come anywhere near Burbage. Yet now, the impacts are right with us.
We have all heard the government's latest advice, and it would be folly to go against that and put any members of our community at risk. It is thus with the heaviest of hearts that Burbage Festival committee have therefore to announce that we have decided to cancel our entire Festival for this coming May.
Depending on conditions, we may be back with a very short season in the Autumn, but in the meantime we are looking to just roll over the present program (of which, we were rather excited!) into May, 2021.
To those of you who have already bought tickets online or at the Farmers market - thank you again for your support and interest; please bear with us as we make full refunds to you all over the next few days.
Thank you all again for your patience and understanding. You'll hear more from us right here, on Facebook and through direct email, when we have more and hopefully better news to report.
Laurence Wilkins, and the whole BCAF team